Sunday, August 8, 2010

NightMare Tax Free Weekend

Tax free weekend began Friday, but my daughter and I finally managed to get everyone together today (Sunday). Things started off rather peacefully. We ate at the Steak and Shake, and from there it began to be "Nightmare Tax Free Weekend." This is August and you would have thought it was Christmas Eve. My grandson, Christopher, is entering college and I had promised him a new laptop computer. We decided to wait until the tax free weekend. Our first stop was to Best Buy. The crowd was unbelievable. For the first time, we had to take a number. There was a guy standing there with a microphone calling out the numbers and would not let you pass until your number was called. We were number 31. Sounds pretty good until you realize we waited about 45 minutes for us to go back and talk to the salesperson about the computer we had already picked out. Our little guy had us so confused about the purchase, because he kept adding things on and when we would ask about a certain item the price would change and it seemed he was telling us a different story. We finally said we had to leave to talk about it. We left and went across the street to Office Depot. We found a better laptop computer and a guy who really knew what he was talking about. Then we had to stand in line about 30 minutes.

Our next stop was to the mall. I believe everyone in our city was there. If they weren't, they were trying to get in. We finally found a parking space and then entered the mall. I almost was run over by a train traveling around in the crowded mall with little children. We were dodging people constantly.

We finally made another purchase in a store (my younger grandson needed some new jeans) and we started our journey back to the car.

I just don't believe the journey was worth saving a few dollars, plus the temperature was almost 100 degrees, plus the gas that was used. I had parked my car and we were all in my daughter's van.

When we came back to my car, I just wanted to kiss it I was so glad to see it.

I never want to be a part of "Tax Free Weekend" ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment