Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Some Days Are Diamonds

Today started just like any other day. I had a phone call to meet some people at a house to measure some rooms. My real estate friend is out of town and we always help each other with our clients. This particular couple I had talked to before when they bought another home about three years ago. A few months ago her 19 year old son drowned and then a couple of weeks later their home burned to the ground. Thankfully, her other son, daughter, and animals made it out alive. I told her about my husband and mother dying last year and I told her I just could not imagine losing my child. Maybe someday she would know why. She told me that she knew exactly why her son had died. This son had witnessed to her husband over and over and not long before he drowned, he told the step father, “what if everything I’ve told you is true?” You see, the stepfather was an atheist. The night of the son’s drowning, the stepfather had a dream. In it, he said it was completely dark but he knew that the stepson was beside him. He said that he could see a bright light—brighter than the sun—but you could see through it. As they got closer, the step son, said I need to go on now and you must go back. Everything I told you is true. The stepfather woke up. As the son was being buried, the stepfather fell down on his knees and asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior.

As I drove over to show my new listing, I was still thinking about what she had told me and how miraculous that was. The people I met at my listing were a nice couple with two young boys. They have a daughter. They were so nice. The man told me they haven’t been back from Africa very long. I asked why they had been in Africa and he told me they were missionaries there for about 6 years and have come back to put their children through school. They were in Zambia. I told him that my sellers had been missionaries to Honduras and the man had been a bush pilot flying missionaries into Honduras. My sellers and I prayed over this listing that the right people would come along to buy it. The man said everytime they pass the house, they feel drawn to it. I don’t know if they are the ones or not, but for me I have had a very blessed day.

Yes, I can say that this was definitely a “Diamond Day”.

Dr
7/5/11

No comments:

Post a Comment