Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fantasies

We all have fantasies or sometimes I have called them my dreams. One of my fantasies is to be able to do the Viennese Waltz. I can picture myself in a beautiful long flowing gown and gliding all over a marble type floor with a wonderful dance partner. I have learned to do the basic steps in a waltz, but I would love to be able to be an expert. Well, so much for that fantasy. But, who knows, it may come true. Sometimes our fantasies do come true, only to become a nightmare. You may have had some of those. Even though you have had some to materialize and not really be as wonderful as you had imagined, don’t give up. Don’t stop dreaming. What do you think the most about? If you’re like me, you become too busy to even think about dreaming or fantasizing. Life with all of its complications may have become too much of a hassle. I had dreamed of a lifetime with my husband—well that didn’t work out. I went through a time of wondering what do I do now? So, here I go again, dreaming of what could happen in the “golden” years of my life. I can still remember my mother saying that whoever called these the golden years must have been crazy, because all my mother had seen was “rust.” We can get that way, thinking that life has dealt us a bad hand. My mother lived a long life and she only had a few years that were bad and actually the last few she didn’t even know how bad it really was and I’m very thankful for that. Well, fantasies/dreams? What are yours? Think about it. DR 9/17/13

No comments:

Post a Comment