Thursday, February 6, 2014

So Very Thankful

The last few weeks for me have seemed to be full of challenges. I don’t know about you, but it seemed like everything that I touched or had a hand in, turned out all wrong. I’ve been so very thankful that even during the low temperatures, my heat continued to be on, and also the electricity. I woke up a couple of days ago and I thought, wow, I’m cold. Yep, my central heat unit was dead as a door nail. I called the man who put it in, and of course, could not reach him. Then out of the blue, Mike called. I had called him to come do a few things around my house to get it ready to be put on the market. He told me he was on his way. When he got here, I told him I had done all I knew to do to check my heating unit. He checked a few things and then, evidently he has an inside line to the electrician. Pete told him to check a few other things and Mike got my heat back on. I told Mike that God had sent him just when I needed him. Mike told me the things that I needed to get for the work I wanted done, and so I called Debbie and Kristin and asked them if they would like to go with me. I went out to the garage and got in my truck and my battery was dead. I sat there and just laughed. God, you really do have a sense of humor. I called Debbie and she said she would pick me up. Leon had gotten a new truck just a few months before he got sick, and I had never gotten to ride in it. God really works in mysterious ways. DR 2/6/14

No comments:

Post a Comment