Monday, March 10, 2014

Fun Days

We all need fun days to get away from all of the stress of everyday life. I had a definite fun day on Sunday. I really debated on whether to get up and make the trip. After all, we had to spring forward the night before and I had to get up on Sunday morning no later than 5 a.m. This is really hard for someone who is definitely not a “morning” person. My alarm went off, and usually my dog, Chloe, starts her usual barking to be let out. This time she just looked at me like the time was all wrong and that I was crazy for getting up and staggering to the kitchen to get my morning coffee. She stayed in bed for another hour. I got to see the morning sunrise and it was beautiful. I was off to parts I’ve never been before, and I was getting excited. First was breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to Helen, Georgia. I’ve heard so much about this quaint little town, but it was like going back in time. If you’ve never been, please go. It is really worth the trip. On the way back home, we stopped at Amicalola Falls. I love waterfalls. To really see the falls you need to walk up the side of the mountain on a paved trail and also steps. There are five levels. I’m so out of shape I only made it to level 2. I plan to go back and make it to the top. Even at level 2 the view was breathtaking. After regaining my breath and getting back down to the car, it was time to go home. Thank goodness for Google Maps and the little woman’s voice that guided me back to the interstate after I got my car. Yesterday was a wonderful way to get rid of the past week’s stress, and to know that there are so many beautiful things in this world that God has put here for us to love and enjoy. I can truly face whatever crazy things happen in this coming week. DR 3/10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment