Friday, May 23, 2014

Jonathan

Last night my youngest grandson graduated from high school. Boy, how the years fly by. I was sitting beside his girlfriend, whom I really like. The memories came flooding back. Seems like just yesterday when he was born. We had one of the biggest snows that week. He was so little and cute. Now, he’s all grown up and has been accepted into the Marines. I asked his girlfriend how she felt about him leaving, and she said, “I’m proud of him, whatever he does.” I think he’s found the right one. The next graduation will be from basic training. Jonathan seems to know what he wants in life. He’s always so serious. Sometimes I can get him to loosen up, especially when I take him for a ride with the top down in my car. I couldn’t help but think last night, it has just been a few months since my 50th high school reunion. I wonder what will happen in Jonathan’s life the next 50 years. I hope he makes good choices. I made some good ones and some really bad ones. The thing is, how you end up. Those bad choices can actually make you a better, stronger person. I wish Jonathan all the success in life he deserves. I hope to live to see some of it. DR 5/23/14

No comments:

Post a Comment