Wednesday, August 26, 2015

National Dog Day, 2015

Today was National Dog Day. I've done a lot of thinking about my Yorkie, Chloe, today. I got her a little less than two weeks before my husband died five years ago. My dog, Tag, had just died and I didn't want another dog. We had had Tag 11-1/2 years. Tag died a day after my mother died. But, Charles begged me to get Chloe and he even named her. After he died, Chloe was my comfort. I cried myself to sleep every night and she would lick my tears. Chloe was there for me every minute of every day while I grieved. I have had dogs all of my life, but I have to admit that Chloe is more spoiled than any dog I've ever had. I have loved every dog. You know you can be so upset and walk in the door and when that little dog is jumping up and down and so happy to see you, all the upsetting goes away. Yes, they are a lot of trouble. They require a lot of care. So many times, I wish Chloe could talk. And then again, I'm glad she can't. Oh the secrets she could tell about me. It's nice to have a friend that will never tell on you. National Dog Day is really National Friend Day for me. DR 8/26/15

No comments:

Post a Comment