Monday, November 9, 2015

Stocking Full of Love

I really didn't know what to expect when I agreed to help with the "Stocking Full of Love." We got to Lafayette High School around 11 a.m. The first job was to have an assembly line to make the lunch bags for the bikers. There were several high school students and their teacher and Mrs. Land from Land's Bakery who instructed us on what to do. We made about 500 bags which had a napkin, Little Debbie, and a bag of chips. The next job was to wrap the hot dogs. I've never seen so many wieners and buns in one place. Again, we had an assembly line. We weren't entirely ready when the bikers arrived. They had met at Ridgeland High School and each one had a new toy for a child for Christmas. How I would loved to have seen those 392 bikers coming to Lafayette High School. I posted pictures yesterday, but I cannot begin to tell you how I felt inside to see the love that went into yesterday's event. They filled a trailer with the toys and some boys and girls are going to be so happy this Christmas. Thank you Ron for inviting me to participate. DR 11/9/15 "

No comments:

Post a Comment