Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dancing

When I was a teenager, we loved to dance. Back then we called it “The Bop”. But I have always loved rock n roll music. Now, remember I am an introvert, so the only people I ever danced with were my relatives and some of my friends. Well, I did dance with some of my boyfriends—not that I ever had that many. My parents were really strict on me and wouldn’t let me do or go a lot of places. I guess I’m finally living my dreams at this later stage of my life. I finally got up the nerve to call to see about ballroom dancing. I love Dancing with the Stars and I have always wanted to be able to waltz and do the fast dances too. I started my lessons this week and Rob, my instructor, has been wonderful. The first day he said that I needed good balance and not be a klutz—I said, oh no, we’re already in trouble! He said it was ok, he would teach me balance. Our first Friday night dance was last night and I have had more fun than I can think of in a long time. I think I have finally found my passion. I hope my health continues to be good so I can keep this up. My favorite dance is the “Hustle.” I compare it to the “Bop.” One song was six minutes long. Rob said, oh, did I forget to tell you this one is six minutes long? I told Rob and Travis they were trying to kill me. I guess I really got into it because I went over to Christi’s afterward and when I got up to leave, I could barely walk. She and Scott laughed and laughed. I had to laugh too. What better way to relieve stress and forget about all of the worries in the world but by dancing. I can’t wait to go back to the “Senior Dance” in August. Boy, am I going to show them a thing or two. I dance with a guy named Joe a lot and he always want to “waltz”. I think after my few lessons that he’s doing it wrong. He’s the one I’m going to show some of my new steps to. He told me that he feels the music on the inside of him. I completely understand what he’s saying. I feel it too, but now I’m learning to express it better. If you have a passion and you’re scared to try it, step out and go for it. That’s what I’m doing. DR 7/20/13

No comments:

Post a Comment