Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waffle Waffle

I’ve had this one on my mind for a while so I might as well get it out. I know I must have some of the worst dating experiences. Yes, I’ve been on some of the dating sites. They are not the glamorous sites as they make them out to be. I don’t know where they get those gorgeous hunks, but that has not been my experience. I do show up and meet them, not that there have been that many, but this is the worst one. This guy said that he is a college professor and lived in another city not far from here. I should have known when he wanted to meet at the Waffle House that there had to be something wrong with him. Well, that morning I took Chloe to the groomer and I headed to the Waffle House in East Ridge. I got there early and had to go to the bathroom. When I came out, I saw a man in the parking lot walking back and forth. He was thin, sway backed, and when the wind blew he had a few locks of hair that stood up about a foot from his head. I stood there thinking, I cannot meet this man, I will throw up in my plate of eggs and toast. I went back to the bathroom and decided that I couldn’t just hang in there because somebody would be wanting to go. I went back out and kind of crept toward the window so I could see if he was still out there. Yep, there he was and that foot of hair still waving in the air. I turned around and saw that everybody in the Waffle House was watching me. Did you know there is not a back door in those places? I looked. How in the world was I going to get out of there? I would back up and then creep up to peep out that window. All of a sudden he disappeared. I thought here’s my chance to get out of here. I went through the first door and as I started out the main door, he was coming in. I glanced at him and said “hey” and eyes straight ahead and as fast as I could walk I headed to my car. I got in and never looking back I got out of there as quickly as I could. I got an email later asking me if that was me he passed as he started into the Waffle House. I finally responded and told him that I had an emergency, you know I’m in real estate….. I felt really bad about standing him up, but I think he would have felt worse with me throwing up in front of him. I just couldn’t, wouldn’t see him. I told my aunt and uncle and of course, Bobby couldn’t stop laughing. So this is where I got the title, Bobby called him Waffle Waffle. Oh why do I do these stupid things. Where oh where are the handsome ones they show on tv? I’m sure they are actors. Of course the men could say the same thing about the women. Oh such is life in the dating world. I recommend that you stay away from the dating sites. I don’t know where you need to meet somebody, but just take your chances. You may get a “Waffle Waffle.” DR 7/24/13

No comments:

Post a Comment