Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Jeanie and Nathan

Jeanie and Nathan have been my friends for almost 50 years. It's funny, but when I first met them I felt that I wasn't good enough to be their friends. Now I realize I can't spend another day without their friendship. I knew Eric and Lisa when they were just little and were in the children's church. I told Jeanie one day after church that Eric had sung the sweetest little song about a lamb. She said the only song he knew was "Bah, Bah Black Sheep." We had a laugh. I've had so many good times with the Chandlers. One time Jeanie came up to our house and played my piano for Charles. She was playing out of what she called the "red" hymnal. I said why is it called red when mine is green??? After a few songs, she said call out a number and she would begin to play and sing that song. I really tried to stump her but I couldn't. Charles thought she was the smartest woman around. When they came back from being missionaries in Honduras, I got her to go to training in BeautiControl Cosmetics. I went also, and well, all I can say it was definitely an experience I will never forget! When my husband first got sick, Jeanie was my prayer partner. One day she called me and said she work up in the middle of the night and looked at the clock and it said 3:16 a.m. She knew she was supposed to pray for Charles and she started off by reciting John 3:16. Friends, what can I say? Both Jeanie and Nathan have always been here for me even when I thought I was so low nobody could love me. They are true friends and I have seen the love they have for each other. Oh, if all marriages could be like theirs. Happy 58th Anniversary to two of my favorite people! DR 3/30/16

No comments:

Post a Comment