Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4th

Today took me back to a lot of my memories. Of course, that leads me back to thinking about Charles. Until his dying day he would always say that our first date was April 4th. He couldn't remember the year, but that date was really special to both of us. Tonight I went to a singles dinner and special entertainment. It was a guy who sang many 50's and 60's songs. I've always said my life is like a song and so many of the songs brought those times rushing back to me. One of the songs was Last Date and I thought about my mother. That was one of her favorite songs played by Floyd Cramer. He would tell the year the song was popular and I would think, I was 12 or I was 14 and it is so hard to imagine how much has happened in the years I've been living. I told my friend, Jeanie today that I feel like I've lived so many different life times. She said, you've done a lot of things. Looking back I wonder how my life would have changed if I had made just one different decision. Then I thought, no, I might not have met Charles and he was the great love of my life. I owe so much to him. I couldn't be where I am today if I had not met him. Thank you, Charles, for April 4th! DR 4/4/16

No comments:

Post a Comment