Monday, April 25, 2011

Ladies Spring Soiree

I’m getting excited about dressing up. I know that sounds crazy, but when I first heard about the “Ladies Spring Soiree”, I said what the heck is that? Well, we’re having a luncheon based on dressing in your Derby Best Attire. The more I thought about it, the more excited I have become. My thoughts especially went back to the movie “Pretty Woman” and how beautiful Julia Roberts was when she dressed up to go to the races. Christi and I went shopping for hats and I do believe that we will look our best. In my teenage years, I used to wear a hat all of the time and I even found a picture of me with a large hat on. I loved hats. I have even decided to buy a dress! Yes, this body has not had on a dress in many years. It’s a little scary when I think about it, but I also get excited about playing dress up.

Some of the women have asked do they have to dress up. Oh come on, let’s dress up and have fun! You can wear jeans any ole day. Let’s look prim and proper for a change. You know, we may just start a new trend!

DR
4-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment