Monday, April 11, 2011

Vacation - 2011

This is the first vacation I’ve had in a long, long time. It was amazingly good! We, Christi, Scott, and Jonathan, drove to Orlando and had a very nice drive. The first 2 days we spent at a motel that was really nice—but we couldn’t get the shower to work, the cable was out, the wi-fi was out, a light was out, and we couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone to complain. The next day we did and they fixed the shower but they had had a lightening strike and the wi fi was still down. All in all, we had a good time there. We then drove to the house Christi had found on line, and it was as good as the ad—maybe even better. I had gotten on line and found the tax records so I knew that it was a nice house in a nice neighborhood. On Tuesday we drove to the airport and picked up Christopher and his girlfriend, Megan. I was a little skeptical at how this would turn out, but I do believe that Megan is a good influence for our Christopher. They are both Freshmen at Lee College.

The next day we went to Disneyland and I do believe that Hell has moved to Orlando. It was hot and we could barely move because it was so crowded and it seemed that everyone had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. I decided that would be my first and last visit to the Magic Kingdom. I have to admit that even though I’m not a fan of parades, the electric parade that night was absolutely beautiful.

The next day I could barely get out bed. I could not fathom the thought of another theme park and the droves of people there. But, we all climbed into the van again and off we went to Universal studios. I was pleasantly surprised that the crowd had thinned and we could actually see the ground underneath our feet. I began to think that the Florida trip had taken a turn for the better.

The next day we went back for the Islands of Adventure and I guess everyone had rested up, because THEY were back! It was hotter and the crowd was thicker. The difference was that they weren’t as rude as day 1. The best part of the day were the two water rides for me. Normally, I don’t want to walk around like I just stepped out of a swimming pool with all of my clothes on, but it was hot and I didn’t care. None of cared! We even thought about doing it again, but we decided to eat again and go home.

On Saturday we took a day of rest and stayed at the house. We had a wonderful swimming pool and Scott grilled chicken and we had our dinner sitting around the pool. What a great time!

We told Megan if she survived a week with all of us, then she would be a keeper! Oh, I forgot to talk about Chloe (my little Yorkie). She did great! And, Jonathan really stayed close to me and helped me with Chloe. All in all, our trip was great and I believe we all got a little closer to each other. Families need each other and we need to tell each other how much we care.

No comments:

Post a Comment