Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Miracles in My Life

There have been many miracles in my life, but for now I will only touch on the major ones that have happened. I’ll never forget the Sunday night in church I prayed for a baby. My pastor had just preached a message on faith and I bowed my head and said, oh God I’ve been praying about this all wrong and now I am thanking you in advance, because I know you’re going to give me a baby. I don’t know how, when, or where but I know that you will grant this request. The next day I found out about an evangelist named Lester Roloff and he had the Rebekkah Home for Girls in Corpus Christi, TX. I told my husband that we needed to go to our pastor’s house immediately and try to call this man. He said, oh we need to pray about this and I said I prayed yesterday and this is my answer. Well to shorten this story quite a bit, my husband prayed that we would have a healthy baby and I prayed that I wanted a brown haired, blue eyed little girl. And today my little brown haired blued eyed little girl has two sons of her own. I believe in praying in detail. I’ll never forget the day that I stopped into a little furniture store in East Ridge and started chatting with the owner about my husband who was going in two weeks for tests at Vanderbilt for a heart transplant. Suddenly he said he was supposed to pray for my husband and I was “standing in his place”. He said the virus in his heart was still there and he was going to cast it out. Needless to say, that frankly scared me to death. I was frozen and could not move. After that prayer, he said he needed to pray for me that I would have peace,. He told me that in two weeks the doctor would tell my husband he would not need a heart transplant. He wanted me to come back and see him when we returned. I thanked him, asked him what church he belonged to and I hit the door running. I must say that after the first day of tests they cancelled all the tests for the next day. The next day his doctor told him that they didn’t know what had happened, but he did not need a heart transplant. He lived another 14 years after that, and I’m so thankful that someone had the courage to obey God and pray for that person. Now, here I come to what I would like to be a miracle. Some may think I am silly, but here goes. My husband died 2-1/2 years ago. I’m lonely. I don’t want to replace the man I was married to for 25-1/2 years, nobody could ever be like him. He was a unique person. He was good to me, taught me to be independent, made sure I had no debts except for utilities, taxes, and just the major things that have to be paid. So back in September, I asked God for a man to come into my life. Not just any man, like I said I do pray in detail. I asked God that he be tall, salt and pepper hair, good looks, professional, a caring and loving person. You need to pray in detail because I really don’t want someone that can stand under my arm, bald, dumb—well, you see what I mean. Will God answer my prayer? I don’t know. I hope He does. I’ve also thanked God for this man and I don’t know how, when, or where this will happen. But I do know that God does not make any mistakes. He may have already answered my prayer. I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment