Saturday, October 27, 2012

Susie

I don’t think I have ever met anybody like Susie before. She is one of the funniest people I have ever been around. She is also one of the busiest persons I’ve ever been around. She’s up at the crack of dawn and last night she was still up at midnight when I left her house doing of all things, making pumpkin bread for her company. She called me this morning to tell me that she had already made two more loaves of bread, which was time consuming since she had only one loaf pan and each loaf required an hour to bake. She had already made ready for company coming tonight and she had timed herself to finish her housework to get ready to come to Chattanooga to meet some old friends for lunch. I tell you, just hearing what she does every day wears me out. She has more energy than the energizer bunny. But one of her qualities I love is that no matter what the circumstances may be, she can laugh and when she laughs it is contagious! You can’t help but love her! Everybody in her hometown knows her and they’ve even asked her to run for Mayor. I don’t think she can fit that position into her busy schedule. Susie also helps her daughter with her granddaughter who is a special needs child. She is 10 years old now. It is so heartbreaking and that’s the only time you will see Susie start to shed tears and then she will think of something funny and there we go again. I just have to tell you that I had been feeling depressed. Well you might say I was having a Pity Party and I was definitely the star! Susie had asked me to come down so I did. We went to a high school football game—I have never been to a football game in my life! I didn’t dress warm enough and we took the blanket we were sitting on and decided to cover ourselves up with it. Well, not only was the game interesting, by the way the home team lost, but one of the players for the visiting team was hurt. It was very emotional to see that entire visiting team from a Christian high school get down on their knees and pray for their injured fellow player. The ambulance came and took him to the field where Life Force from Chattanooga came to get him. I still don’t know what happened to him, but I do hope he is ok. Susie was worried about me because I had not eaten supper (that’s what we say in the South) and so at 10 p.m. central time we’re at the Cracker Barrel. We were out by the time they closed. Susie took me back to her house with instructions to call her as soon as I got home. I called her and told her my ride home was uneventful until a policeman followed me with flashing bluelights. I knew I was under the speed limit, for a change, and it scared me. He pulled alongside me and asked if I was ok that I had been weaving a bit. I told him I was ok and he told me to be careful. I was weaving because I was trying to see why he was following me. Thank you Susie for such a fun filled night that was so full of laughing at nothing. I can’t wait to do it again. DR 10/27/12

No comments:

Post a Comment