Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stepping Stones to the New Me

There have been several things that just kept knawing at me to change—my hair and my weight. I’ve always known that if you can fix something, then just do it. I really got tired of people saying that I looked like Paula Deen, but the main reason I hated my hair was everytime I looked in the mirror I just felt old. When I first got up in the morning and went to the bathroom mirror I would be in shock, oh no! I look just like my mother! Now don’t get me wrong, I thought my mother was a very attractive person, but I was not ready to be that person. The other thing that I couldn’t stand about myself was my weight. Yes, I gained weight when everyone around me was dying. What do you do when you’re in the house 24/7? I’ll tell you, you eat. I really couldn’t exercise. And then after my husband died, I sat on the deck in the swing and just sat there. I don’t regret the grieving that I did, I just didn’t think I would ever be that way. But, I could sit for days. I felt like I was in some kind of time warp. Then, what happened? I really don’t know. It was sort of like I woke up out of a deep sleep and realized that I’m still alive and I want to do everything I can to live my life to the fullest. So, I began the “stepping stones to the new me.” No, I don’t want to regress, I want to look to the future and see what is new out there for me. Well, I’ve started the changes on me and I like my hair and it has made me feel so much younger. It’s amazing what little things can do for your outlook on life. I’m working on the weight. Oh it’s not easy, but I’m determined. I walk with friends now and it’s so much fun to laugh and at the same time know that you’re doing something to improve yourself. I don’t know what lies ahead for me, but for now, I’m taking stepping stones to the new me. DR 10/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment