Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Been Thinking About What I Like

Have you ever thought about the things that you really like? There are things that I like and there are things that I really, really love! Tonight was one of the things that I really, really love! We haven’t walked in a couple of weeks—well because I was out of town—and tonight we did our walking over the bridge. Since I’ve heard the song, River of Dreams, I like to think of it that way. I walk with Angela and Mitchell and we talk about so many things and I think that sometimes I have been the inspiration for some of Mitchell’s sermons. It feels so good to be able to be with friends that you feel so comfortable with. So, we laugh and discuss many things. We have solved a lot of world problems crossing that bridge! What else do I like? Well, today I went by my daughter’s office and spent some time with her. It’s amazing that the older I get the smarter my daughter gets. I value her opinion and she is so talented. Guess she got all of that from me, at least I would like to take some of the credit. I had lunch with one of my good friends today. I almost hate to say that having lunch with a friend is one of my favorite activities, but it is. Before my husband died, he said over and over that he wanted me to go have lunch every day with one of my friends. Guess he knew me pretty well. I’m not a person who is concerned more with “things” but rather giving my time or someone spending time with me means more than anything. I love coming home and that my dog, Chloe is so happy to see me. Yeah, it sounds so silly, but this is unconditional love and I eat it up. No matter what, Chloe loves me and is glad to see me. I love fresh flowers, and I treat myself to having them. I love clean sheets. There’s nothing like taking a shower and sliding in between the clean sheets. My list can go on and on and it looks like I “love” things more than just “liking.” When I think of more, I’ll to add to my list. Start thinking about you like and what you love. Most of the time we think about what we don’t like. Try changing your thoughts! DR 12/5/12

No comments:

Post a Comment