Friday, December 21, 2012

A Year Ago Today

On the news all I’ve heard and read about is that the world was supposed to have ended today. Well, we’re all still here, thank goodness. But, as I read these news articles I couldn’t help but think back to a year ago today. My world as I knew it, ended that day when my dad died. When he died, I had already lost my mother and my husband a little over two years before. All of a sudden my responsibilities ended. My dad was the most difficult of the three to take care of, and he died with the most suffering. He had Parkinsons and the last year he lived, he needed sitters most of the time. He had a stroke and was paralyzed on his left side, couldn’t eat and drink, and could not talk. I only hope that he wasn’t aware of how bad it was. What I have learned is that life goes on. Death is a part of life. It’s a tough part of life, but with it we learn a lot. I don’t know why we have to go through some of the things that we go through, but that’s life. You can either let it destroy you with depression and despair, or you can go on with your own life. You don’t have to sit down and wait to die. There’s a lot out there to enjoy. After my dad died, I said none of them are coming back, what do I do now? Well, I have a lot of things I want to do before I “die”. I feel great today. Life is good. Life is what you make it. DR 12/21/12

No comments:

Post a Comment