Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jet Lag

Seems I have been battling “jet lag” going to California and also returning back home. I always wake up at 6 a.m. so in California I woke up every morning at 3 a.m. I kept thinking it was later than it was in California and now I keep thinking it’s earlier. The funny thing is that no matter what time I eventually go to sleep since I’m back, I still wake up at 6 a.m. That is not to say that I am fully functional at that time. I get up, stagger to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. I have never been a “morning” person. My mother was a morning person. She would be so cheerful and I just wanted peace and quiet. Charles was also a morning person. I remember the first time we rode into work I didn’t talk. When we got to work, Charles said you didn’t talk to me all the way in to work. I told him that I am not a morning person and I never talk very much in the mornings. I am a night person. He said that I would talk to him. I guess you could say that was our first disagreement in the parking lot. I can say that after that morning I did talk. We had a 45 minute drive every morning and each evening and those are very pleasant memories. Guess I reverted back to silence in the mornings—Chloe (my Yorkie) doesn’t talk very much either. Why do our bodies react this way? I had just gotten used to the time change and now this. Well, I think I’m finally getting back to “normal.” Tonight I’m even sleepy at a decent hour. But I know that I will wake up at 6 a.m. no matter what. DR 12/2/12

No comments:

Post a Comment