Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yes I Can

Actually I was going to put the title of this as my California trip, but it became more than that. I’ll explain. I set this trip up several months ago, and I was very excited about going, until it got closer and then I began to panic. I haven’t flown in almost 20 years and I have heard so many horror stories about going through security and people being strip searched—well you’ve probably heard the same stories I’ve heard. Anyway, my daughter helped me with my packing and assured me that all would be well. Actually, everything did go well. I passed security with flying colors and as soon as I got on the plane I felt at ease again. The reason I put “Yes I Can” is because this is the first trip I’ve made since I have been alone. It’s kind of a scary world out there when you’re facing things “alone.” I learned from this trip that I have many friends and although I have felt “alone”, I really am not. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Sacramento, California, even though I had to make a trip to the walk in clinic for antibiotics. I just couldn’t believe that I got sick and stayed in bed for almost two days. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Debbie. She showed me lots of sights, but the most wonderful day was when we went to Napa Valley and San Francisco. We rode a tram up to the winery, and I had forgotten that I was afraid of heights—but I made it up and also back down. Our route to San Francisco would take us across the Golden Gate Bridge and even though I also have a hangup with bridges, it was exciting to go across. We went down to Fisherman’s Wharf and on to Pier 39. We ate at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Restaurant and it was really good. Today was my trip back home. The plane in Sacramento left about 15 minutes late and as a result, I missed my flight back to Chattanooga. I knew I only had a few minutes to get to that plane and I ran like crazy. Had to take the train, walking sidewalk, and the escalator upstairsm and wouldn’t you know it, my gate was at the end. The plane was there, but they were ready for takeoff and they wouldn’t let me on. I had a 3 hour layover. Christi went on to the airport in Chattanooga to see if my luggage arrived, and it had. So all I had to do was get on the plane and get back off without going to the baggage section. All in all, my trip was a success. I found out that “Yes I Can” do the things I want to do again. While I was waiting for my flight back to Chattanooga I started checking my Facebook. My favorite verse was shared by someone, Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I had the assurance that my life is not over yet, and the best is yet to come. DR 11/27/12

No comments:

Post a Comment