Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I've thought a lot about what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am thankful for good health. God has really been good to me that I am healthy. I am thankful for my daughter, Christi. She is not only my daughter but has become my best friend. I needed to pack for a trip and she helped me with my packing and encouraging me not to be afraid to fly again. I think she really got concerned when I was near hysteria and walking the floor. She's never seen me that way and I have always been able to conceal that part of me from anybody--well, except for Charles and he always seem to say the right thing to calm me. I discovered that it wasn't the flying that was bothering me, but rather going through security and making sure my luggage was correct. I passed with flying (no pun intended) colors. As soon as I got on the airplane, I was in love with flying again. I guess it's the insecurity of being alone, but I was always alone when I used to fly--so why would it be any different now? Well, for one thing you don't have the husband to call and make sure that you feel secure and safe--I am now the one in control of myself. Wow, kind of a big job. I can do this. Well, I do have a lot of things on my bucket list in the coming months--taking a cruise. I have been afraid to even do that because of so many people disappearing from the cruise boats. In each case though, it seems that alcohol may have been involved. That shouldn't be a problem for me. Another fear would be flying across the ocean and I plan to go to Europe next summer. Guess I'll need knockout drops when I do that one. Yes, I am thankful for a lot of things this year. I'm thankful that I have the courage and ambition to try new things. You never get too old to learn. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I disagree. This ole dog is learning a lot of new tricks and I'm enjoying everyone of them. Don't ever be afraid to step out and try something new. DR 11/21/12

No comments:

Post a Comment