Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"SH"

Charles and I had not been married very long. He was traveling quite a bit for work at that time. I thought I would be the perfect, sweet little wife and I enclosed a love note in his luggage. I started it off with “SH” and I don’t remember the rest of it, probably I love you or something and then I signed it. I thought it very strange that while he was gone he never mentioned my note. When he got home, I asked him if he found my note and he said yes and he had been really concerned about that note all week. I asked him, “why”? He said well, you started the note with “SH” and everybody knows that stands for s**t head. I burst out laughing and he said, what’s so funny? I told him I meant for it to be Sweet Heart and that I never used that other term to begin with. So being the mischievous person that I am, the next trip had a note enclosed with all kinds of abbreviations. I never forgot that and neither did he. When I said “SH” he would always ask me which one was I calling him and I would always say, “guess”. DR 11/14/12

No comments:

Post a Comment