Monday, November 12, 2012

Eddie

I was 16 years old and I had gone to spend the night with my best friend, Diane. Yeah, they called us the two Diane’s. She was a blonde and my hair was jet black. She lived up the hill from me. We always went straight through the park to get to each other’s house. Well, this particular night, Diane’s mother was at work and her grandmother, Momsie really didn’t care what we did. Well, not that we ever did anything bad. For one thing, I was scared of my shadow. Diane had her boyfriend come over and he brought “Eddie” with him. To this day I do not know Eddie’s last name. The thing I do remember is the song, The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Yeah, another song to remind me of a time and place. Eddie wore a black leather jacket and was he ever cute. I never saw Eddie again after that night. It was a fun night. We didn’t do anything except some hugging and kissing which was a biggie for me back then. Oh Eddie, I wonder what ever happened to you? DR 11/9/12

No comments:

Post a Comment