Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Looking back over the past year, I can see so many changes in my life. It seems that after my dad died Christmas 2011, I finally realized that all my responsibilities had ended. I was actually free to be me and be able to do anything I wanted to do. March 2012 marked the two-year period that my husband was gone and not ever coming back. Thank you Charles for teaching me to be independent and how to take care of myself. So many times we would have a “scare”, and we would get out all of the paperwork to make sure everything was in order in case he died. We did this for 14 years. Looking back, I don’t know how we managed to do all of the things that we did. I also look back and wonder how I managed to keep a level head through it all. I thought that love would never be in my life again. God has a way of letting us know that you can love again and it can be as good as the last time, maybe even better. Well, getting back to the year 2012, it seemed I started emerging from my shell. Yes, life is really good and I still have many years left, anyway I hope I do. I decided to change my look, and so far I have succeeded. Even my doctor didn’t recognize me. I also started walking and that has been a wonderful decision. I so enjoy walking with my friends across the Walnut Street Bridge. We’re afraid it may be too cold pretty soon, but Mitch and Angela have an exercise room. I went to Florida the day after Christmas 2012 with my friend Susie. When I get depressed, all I have to do is get with Susie and she makes me laugh. We walked on the beach every morning and even got into the water—well a littl. We left January 1, 2013 and we walked on the beach one more time. Oh how I hated to leave, but I had to come back to the real world. What is the “real world”? Well, for me, it’s going back to work again. I have missed my real estate and now it’s time to help a few more people. When you help someone to get what they want, you receive what you want. I believe Zig Ziglar said something to that effect. What do I want out of the year 2013? I want it to be even more exciting than the year 2012 started to be. Life is full of possibilities. We just need to take that first step and see what is out there. Is there someone for me in this future? I certainly hope so—maybe I’ve already found that person, or maybe I was the one to be found. DR 1/1/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment