Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hope Springs

One Sunday night I was checking my email on Match.com when a chat message came up. This guy wanted to chat and when that happens, I go back to their profile to see what they look like. I told him that he doesn’t even have his picture in his profile and besides he was younger than me. He told me that he didn’t have one to upload yet, and he’s only a few years younger. We chatted back and forth and he could throw out an answer as soon as I asked one. Yes, I liked that. He had a sense of humor that I could detect through our chatting. We chatted for maybe an hour or more and he said it was past his bedtime. We decided to go to lunch and a movie on Wednesday. The next morning he sent me a message and asked me to text him on his phone. I did with the message, now you have my cell phone number. He responded with, I gave you mine first. Yeah, I had to laugh. We started texting and he said, let’s get this over with today—you can see if you like the way I look. He said when I got finished with my appointment to text him and we would try to go to the afternoon movie. It worked out, and we agreed to meet at the theater. I arrived first and I telephoned my daughter to tell her that I was doing something that I never dreamed in a million years that I would do. She asked me what??? I told her about the chatting and now I’m sitting in the parking lot in front of the theater to meet someone I had no idea of what he looked like. She asked me what movie we were going to see and I told her “Hope Springs.” Well, she went ballistic—she said, Mom, that movie is full of sex! I said oh no, what am I going to do? I can’t go to a movie with somebody I’ve never met and see a movie full of sex. About that time he tapped on my window. I told Christi, he’s here! I’ve got to go. I hurriedly got out of my car and instead of saying who I am and letting him say who he was, I said, we can’t see this movie!!! He asked why and I told him my daughter said it was full of sex. Well, he just grinned and said well, we’re adults, and you said you wanted to see this movie. Surely we can handle it. I said okay and we went in. Oh, by the way, he looked great! After the initial shock, I looked at him to really see how he appeared. Well, my daughter was right! She really didn’t tell me everything, she let me find out for myself. Actually, the movie was really good and Tommy Lee Jones was great. We laughed through a lot of the scenes. Guess, it was better to laugh instead of crawling under the seats. Then the movie was over and he walked me to my car. He leaned over to give me a peck on the lips, and would you believe it, our lips STUCK! I was so embarrassed. We just kind of looked at each other and I got into my car and he went to his. I called my daughter to let her know everything was ok and he was ok and he looked fine. He was actually the humorous guy I thought he would be. She asked me about a “particular” scene and I told her it was ok even when Meryl Streep was practicing on a banana. Oh, you just don’t take someone you’ve never met to a sex-filled movie. About that time I got a text, “I believe our lips sticking together is a good sign, don’t you”? These are the comments that make me laugh. He could take an embarrassing moment and make it funny. Hum, kind of sounds like me. If you can’t laugh, just crawl up and die somewhere. Well, I’ve shared how I met someone for the first time, and it wasn’t the last time I saw him.. DR 1/27/13

No comments:

Post a Comment