Friday, January 25, 2013

Living in the Moment and Enjoying the Moment

I saw Jennifer Lopez this morning on I believe it was Good Morning America. I usually don’t watch tv of the morning, but they had predicted a winter storm warning and I was waiting for it to arrive. Anyway, during the interview she was talking about her new boyfriend who is 18 years younger than her. There was quite a discussion and how her mother felt about it and all, but then Jennifer made the comment that she had decided to just live in the moment and enjoy the moment. I’ve thought about that all day. How many times are we planning ahead? There’s always something that takes up our time besides actually living in the moment. Sometimes living in the moment is not an enjoyable time. But how many of us really and truly live and enjoy the moment? Today I kept thinking how much I wanted to get out, but when the trees started to look icy, I thought I’d better stay in. I decided to live in the moment and enjoy it. Chloe really enjoys living in the moment, especially when I’m home all day. What better friend can you have than your dog who has unconditional love for you? Toward the end of my husband’s life, he wanted to lay in bed and hold hands. I have to admit that it was one of the hardest things I ever did. I wish I could turn back time and actually live and enjoy those moments. It was all I could do to lay there and talk about things. I couldn’t wait to go to the living room and cry. Why do our emotions have to kick in like that? I sure didn’t want him to see me cry. Some of the things he told me was--after I’m gone, I want you to have fun. Yeah, right. How do you do that? He said I want you to go to lunch every day with one of your friends. He said I know how you love to meet your friends. You see, in the last six months of his life, I stayed home with him. I don’t regret it, but I can’t say that I enjoyed those moments. Looking back, I wish I could have enjoyed those moments with him. I know he enjoyed me staying with him. I don’t know why I am talking about this today, I don’t usually bring this up, but maybe there is somebody who needed to hear this. It was my first time to watch somebody die right before my eyes and I couldn’t do anything about it. If that is happening to you, live in the moment and enjoy each moment you still have with them. Now, the moments I really enjoy are the times I spend with my daughter and family. Last night I was over there and Scott and I decided to watch “Elementary”. We took turns sleeping through the entire hour. Christi got tickled. Scott snored, I hope to goodness that I didn’t. His snoring would wake me back up. But, I enjoyed every moment that I was there. Think about living in the moment and really enjoying it. Don’t look ahead about what you are going to do tomorrow or the next day. Live and enjoy now! DR 1/25/13

No comments:

Post a Comment