Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow

Here I sit looking out my window again wondering if snow is truly coming. When I first heard the prediction this morning, my thoughts went back to the last winter that Charles spent with me. He was in a wheelchair by then and it snowed. It snowed several inches and I thought what am I going to do if he dies? Nobody can get here. It truly made me a nervous wreck. Instead of enjoying the beauty and peacefulness of the snow, I could only worry. By this time, Charles really didn’t worry about anything like that. He enjoyed the snow, but I couldn’t share with him my worries. Well, thank goodness when his time came, there wasn’t any snow and my worries were in vain. Charles told me many times that the things we worry about usually never come to pass. He always told me that I even worry about having nothing to worry about. He was right. I’ve always been a worrier. I try really hard not to worry and sometimes I’m pretty successful. Other times, well, not so successful. So, is the snow coming? I really don’t know. I’m in, I’m warm, I’m ready in case the power goes out. Oh, maybe I should go make some coffee to put in a thermos. I can conquer anything if I have enough caffeine! DR 1/17/13

No comments:

Post a Comment