Thursday, January 24, 2013

Winter Storm Warning

Yes, as always I am prepared to stay in again! All the schools are closed. Of course we told Jonathan that all Walker County schools are closed, but Ridgeland High School will start on time. I guess I’m believable….. I hope Christi told him different. It’s amazing how our entire city goes on shut down. I remember years ago when I worked at TVA, Charles had just relocated to the south. He asked me who Luther was. I told him I grew up with Luther. He said, but he’s saying get stocked up with milk, bread, and kerosene. Charles was used to snow and he was amazed how we are here. I have my wood ready for my woodburning stove in case the power goes off and plenty of candles. I even have a cot in that room. Chloe and I will stay warm. I sure hope that doesn’t happen though. I guess I’ll have plenty of time to reflect on what I can do to better my life. Seems like when I think I have everything figured out, I get thrown for a loop. Oh well, isn’t that what life is all about anyway? I still have a tendency to just stay in my house and not go anywhere, see anyone, talk to anyone, or even get out of my pajamas! Pity party! Do you have things in your own life that you just wish you didn’t do? Pity parties are what I wish I could throw away! I’m working on it, and I am doing better. I have a list made of all the things I am truly thankful for. Sometimes I have to read it several times to get it through my thick head. Well, I do have a crochet project I’m going to do. I would describe it, but I’m afraid it would surprise you what I’m doing. Yes, I think it will be my little secret. Of course the person I’m making it for is going to love it! I’ll have plenty of time to work on it tomorrow if we really do have the sleet, ice, and snow. I’m sure I’ll get it even if the valley escapes. Time to stop rambling. It helps me to put my thoughts on paper. It’s scary sometimes the things that go on in my head—not really! DR 1/25/13

No comments:

Post a Comment