Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jonathan

I was sitting here trying to do some work, but I keep thinking back to 17 years ago. Actually, a few months before that January 29, Christi asked me to go with her and Scott for her sonogram to find out what her baby was going to be. I knew this would be my only chance to have a granddaughter and I was totally convinced that the baby would be a girl. Well, it turned out that there would not be a granddaughter in my future--another boy! At the time I was devastated! Can you imagine, I was the one who was disappointed! Do you know how hard it is to buy for a boy? Well at that time it was. I don’t feel that way any more. Boys keep you updated on all the latest technology! Back to my story…. I used to crochet a lot and then I quit. I crocheted some things for Christopher and I decided that I would crochet a christening “dress” for number 2. It was beautiful and so feminine! Just the ideal dress for a little baby girl. After the initial shock, I was looking forward to Jonathan’s birth. We knew exactly the date he would be born because it had to be a caesarean. When I first saw Jonathan, I fell in love with him immediately. He had a head full of beautiful hair! He looked so much like Christi when she was first born. Well Jonathan did wear the christening dress when Scott and Christi dedicated him to God. The difference was he wore a little body suit underneath and he looked fine. Jonathan has grown into one of the best young men I’ve known. I know he’s my grandson and I am absoloutely prejudiced! I won’t deny it! But, he is a very responsible young man. Oh, did I mention that he is never at a loss for a girlfriend? He is a careful driver, works, manages his money, makes good grades, and is a junior in high school. He is planning to go to college to become an engineer—not sure what kind yet. Well, I go on and on, but the memories kicked in and I wanted to get some of them down on paper. Happy Birthday, Jonathan! I love you very much! DR 1/29/13

No comments:

Post a Comment