Friday, February 1, 2013

Well You Know, You're A Little Hyper!

A few days ago someone told me, well you know, you’re a little hyper. I began to say Oh no I’m not, and he said, there you go!!! And he said, you know that's not a bad thing. Well, I guess sometimes I do get a little hyper, but usually I’m a very laid back person. It is really very hard to get me angry—but if you’ve ever had a taste of it, you will never forget it. Charles used to tell me he couldn’t understand how I could always be so nice and sweet to people. I came in one day and told him, I hate everybody! He said, wow, I never thought I would ever hear words like that come out of your mouth! He said you love everybody. I told him, well not today! I really didn’t “hate” everybody that day! It had been a stressful day. But getting back to why I’m feeling a little hyper right now….. Everything seems to always be good in my life. I can handle most any challenge—but yesterday, I lost it. I’m sure you’ve had days like that. My grandson, Jonathan, had emergency surgery for his appendix. It had a black spot on it and already had gangrene and it was leaking. The doctor said they got him to the emergency room just in time before his appendix ruptured. So, Christi and Scott had not eaten all day, and I told them I would take Chloe (my Yorkie) over to their house and then go get them some food. Things didn’t work out that way. I went to the kitchen to wash out Chloe’s bowls and no water. I thought, the last time this happened Charles had forgotten to turn off the lawn sprinkler. No, it couldn’t be that! You see, I have a well…. If too much water is used, one of my tanks have to fill up before I get water again. I don’t know how these things work. Anyway, I go down to the laundry room and I have a major flood. The backwash (don’t even ask what that is) went off again and it looked like a downpour! I immediately called Leon (my cousin) and he rushed over. Before he hung up he told me to turn the well pump off. He was at my house under five minutes. I don’t know what I would do without him. Seemed like we had to have a million towels and mop and we worked furiously to get all of the water up. In the meantime, Debbie (Leon’s wife) called to see who we could get up here. He couldn’t come last night but said he would today. I feel like I camped out last night. I thought while we were getting the water up and trying to determine what needed to be done, that these are the times I wish Charles was still alive. He knew every inch of this house, well because he built it. I helped, but did I pay a lot of attention—no. Here I sit this morning and they still haven’t arrived. You may be wondering why I even wrote about my being a little hyper, well, I wasn’t a little hyper. Hyper isn’t even a good word for it. A million things went through my mind, but when I finally calmed down and thought everything through, this is definitely a challenge. Leon said this couldn’t have happened at a worst time and my comment back to him was oh yes, it could have been way worse, it could have happened when I was away. I would have had a flood downstairs and probably lost everything. Leon is going to see that everything is fixed by the time I get back. How did I get so lucky to have someone that I can call on like that? All I can say is Thank you Leon for always being there for me. And he isn’t even the one that said that I’m a little hyper. Timing means everything. And by the way, Jonathan is doing great! Thank goodness he got surgery just in TIME! DR 2/1/13

1 comment:

  1. So glad your grandson got to the hospital in time and is doing well. You are right, it could have been worse. It can always get worse. You have such a positive attitude, keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete