Friday, February 15, 2013

Why is Love so Hard to Find?

I heard this question on a show I was watching on tv tonight. The answer was, you need to look in the right places. To this the other person responded, and where are these places? I’ve been wondering about this myself. As I look back on my life, I really found true love when I was young. What did I do, I chose to marry someone else and regretted it. When I divorced, I was determined to fall madly in love and I did. My life has seemed so easy until now. Loneliness sometimes envelopes my entire being. It is very difficult to find love again. Maybe I’m too picky. Maybe the choices are different. I asked my daughter what is wrong with me and she said that it is a matter of commitment. I told her that I had not asked anyone to be committed to me. So what is commitment? I remember when Charles and I first started seeing each other, he asked me to go to lunch with him one day. He wanted to talk to me and what he said was he wanted to tell me all the reasons why it couldn’t be just him and me. He started naming off the current girlfriends. When he finished, I told him that I didn’t want it to be just him and me. Looking back on that conversation, he knew he wanted it to be just him and me and it scared him. I knew that he only had a girlfriend for a maximum of six months and of course I was counting down. I passed the six month mark, seven months, eight months, and as the months went by I knew I would be with him the rest of our lives. He stopped seeing the other women in his life almost immediately. He was never ever going to get married again, and I never pushed it. When he did propose it was really funny. I had told him after two years of our dating that he had his own home and I had mine and Christi had five more years of school. I told him that we could still see each other, but after Christi graduated we would pick up where we left off. He agreed. After a few months, he asked to come over. As soon as he walked through the door, he said he couldn’t stand it anymore. He didn’t know what I was doing, where I was going, who I was seeing, but I always showed up every night at 10 p.m. I told him that was when he always called me and I had to go to work and Christi had school. He said, well, we just have to get married! I was shocked! I said, what did you just say? He said, scary isn’t it? He said those same words the first time he told me he loved me. Well, we had 25-1/2 years of a wonderful marriage. I’m not looking for another Charles. I am looking for somebody to care about me and want to share their life with me. Is it too much to ask to fall madly in love again? I don’t think so. I’ve asked God to send me someone and I truly believe there is someone out there just for me. DR 2/15/13

No comments:

Post a Comment