Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Don't Want You to Ever Forget Me

When Charles was on Hospice, he started working on more clocks. I asked him why was he doing that? His response was, “I don’t want you to ever forget me.” I told him that there was no way I could ever do that. During that time he made me the most beautiful clock of all. I treasure all of them, but especially this one. I remember he didn’t like the way it turned out and he completely took it apart and started over. It is a large clock made out of oak and has parts on it painted black. It’s one of a kind and also very different from any he had ever made. I turned my radio to the classical station tonight and for the first time in many, many months they were playing a piece that was very familiar. I felt a closeness to Charles that I haven’t felt in a long while. I think mainly because it is almost the third year anniversary of when he died. No, you never forget. It has gotten easier to talk about him. I know for a long time I couldn’t talk about him without starting to cry. I don’t do that any more. I know he wanted me to be happy and move on with my life. It has been a slow process, but I think I am doing well with it. I’ve started working again and it feels really good. I feel like a brand new agent, but I’ll get in the groove again. It feels good to be out with people, and talking to other agents again. I have done some real estate, but not very much. Now, I want to. We can’t always dwell on the past. It’s gone forever. All we can do is think about all the good memories and good times. There is a future. I believe that even more good things are going to happen before I leave this earth. We have to cling to that hope, or we are already dead. Here’s to the future and I hope that when my time comes, there will be someone I can tell that I don’t want them to ever forget me. DR 2/27/13

No comments:

Post a Comment