Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blondie

I have a cd by Blondie and I call a couple of the songs my convertible songs. This morning when I was going back home from our morning walk, “Heart of Glass” by Blondie came on the radio. It made me think about a date I had. Yes, I have dates that I never talk about and I’m skeptical to even mention this one at all, but here goes. He is the youngest person I have gone out with, but I just had to take him up on it since he was only 48. I told him that I was old enough to be his mother, but he liked me. So, of course we out a few times. I took him for a ride in my convertible one night and when he got in, I looked at him and said, “I guess you know you’re taking your life into your own hands getting in the car with me.” He looked at me and said, “But you promised you wouldn’t put me out anywhere.” We both laughed and I told him I drive fast and I play my music loud. He said that was fine, so we took off. After a while I told him that I guessed that my music was pretty different from the music he plays on the radio. He was a dj on one of the stations. He replied that he was surprised that I like Blondie. I asked why and he replied that most people down here like country music. So, every time I listen to Blondie I think of him. Yes, he was too young for me but we had fun. He moved back to Kentucky to help his parents. DR 6/26/13

No comments:

Post a Comment