Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jet Lag

I’ve heard people talk about jet lag for years, but I never experienced it and I really thought that they were making it up. I didn’t think anything could be that bad. Well, now I have experienced it and I felt like a fleet of Sherman tanks had run over my body and somebody stole my brain. I couldn’t even think any more. I am used to being in control and for the past few days I feel like I lost total control. The first morning I woke up in my bed, I was dreaming that I had overslept and everybody had left me. I was struggling to get up and the surroundings were different. I thought, why does this look like my bedroom? Oh my goodness, it is my bedroom. Oh how I love my bed. For almost two weeks the beds in Europe were only twin size. The rooms were very small. I took my own wash cloths. I left wash cloths in Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, and London. Well, I took my ragged ones and I threw them in the garbage. It was wonderful to come back to ice cold water. We had water on the table, but it was usually warm. They don’t believe in ice cubes over there. I have to admit that I submitted to drinking a beer at most of my meals. The beer was ice cold. I will probably never touch another beer, but over there it was a life saver. I had never had a beer in my life! I ate some strange meals. But getting back to jet lag—when I got home I had forgotten that I had no food. Ok, so I’m on a diet, but this was ridiculous. I was so tired, I just went hungry. I did have coffee and my coffee tasted so wonderful. In Europe they are heavy coffee drinkers but the coffee was so strong. Have I already said that I had a wonderful time? I did and I would jump on the next plane back. Of the four cities, London was my favorite and I intend to go back. I want to take Christi with me the next time. Looks like I’ve got to really sell some houses. Be sure and call me. I’m back at work and I love it! My life is coming together and I’m loving it! Do something you’ve never done before. It may surprise you at how good it feels that you can look fear right in the face and do something that before had scared you to death! You can do it! I am doing it! DR 6/18/13

No comments:

Post a Comment