Saturday, June 15, 2013

Christopher

Today you’re 21 and I just can’t believe it. It seems like yesterday when I saw you being born. You came out kicking and screaming at the top of your lungs. You had a head of hair that had so many cowlicks. You were such a beautiful baby—well you have turned into a handsome young man with a bright shining future ahead of you. I can remember when you were so little how you loved Barnie. My mother knew the words to every song Barnie ever sang. You would stand in your playpen and sing and dance to all of the songs. I remember when you started to school. Oh those were the years. Yes, you’ve always been the outspoken one. Hmmm, maybe you get that from me. Yes, you were always getting in trouble at school for things you would say. Looking back, those were really good years. Sometimes I wish you were that little boy again. I look at you now and I wonder where all of the years went. You are still the same loving boy and I’m so thankful that every time I see you, you always hug me and tell me that you love me. You don’t know how much that means to me. I hope to always have those hugs and words from you. I even like it when you pile into my lap and hug my neck. Yes, you nearly kill me but it’s fun. You’re always willing to take a chance and with that ambition your heart has been broken. I know how you feel because I’ve been there too. I never thought that you would be giving me advice on dating. You were telling me how men think and I was telling you the girl’s side. Who would ever think that I would even be in this situation. Well, Christopher I could tell so many things but it might be a little embarrassing, so I will end this with I hope you have many more birthdays and I hope your day today is all that you want. Today you have arrived, you are now a MAN! I love you! DR 6/15/13

No comments:

Post a Comment