Thursday, April 11, 2013

What I Miss

In life we take so many things for granted. I know I took my husband for granted. He always told me that after he was gone, I would realize all of the things he did for me. Well, tonight I started thinking about what I am missing. He always wrote me poems on my birthday, valentine’s, and our anniversary. I couldn’t wait to see what he would come up with. I have them all in a notebook. I told him that I loved them better than any card that he could have picked out. I really liked the following poem: “My dearest, my darling, my – well you know the rest, You’ve made me so happy, cause you are the best, You’ve worked and you’ve suffered for me everyday, In appreciation for you, I’ve this to say, I desire you, I adore you, my lover, my all, I’d rather be with you, than at the poolhall. I love you, Charles” He always called me “My dearest, my darling, my lover, my all”, and he called me “Dar” for short. Charles never was the normal person. Everything he did was different and unique, even what he called me. You know, I am not and never have been a favorite of pet names. I have never wanted to be called honey or baby, but I loved being called “Dar”. A lot of times he would say the entire thing and yes, I miss hearing it. I especially liked this birthday poem because I know how much he loved shooting pool. I hope they have pool tables in heaven—just saying. DR 4/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment