Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Crazy Life

I used to live such a dull life. I really did. Talk about a rut, mine was really deep. I have a friend who told me recently that I’m more fun to watch than Days of Our Lives, she calls it Days of Diane. Well, I wouldn’t go that far, but I have to admit my life is at times a little crazy, or should I say that maybe I’m a little crazy, lol. Life is too short to not find fun and humor in everything. I love to laugh and maybe do some crazy things at times. I think we should laugh more, be more active, do more things. I think a lot of people are scared to step out of their comfort zone. When I decided to step out of my “box”, I have to admit it was pretty scary. I would be putting myself out there to be criticized, analyzed, judged, and maybe some other adjectives I can’t think of right now. I have come to the realization that if I do something to make you laugh, then I have accomplished something. If we can’t have fun, then just dry up and sit there and be your own morbid self. Life is for living. Life is for helping someone else to know that there is more to life than just being worried all of the time. Get out there and have fun. Last night I had my daughter in my car and I think I really scared her with some of my driving. I like to drive fast (I hope no policemen are reading this) but I am a careful driver. I looked at her last night and said, I sure don’t drive like Granny, do I? Of course, I was talking about my mother who was afraid to get on the interstate and thought if she went over 35 miles an hour she was speeding. Christi said no, you’re nothing like her. She said she always wondered if she would ever arrive at where they were heading when she was with my mother. With me, she wonders if she will arrive there alive and in one piece. Oh, I’m really not that bad. Although, I do remember one day when Becky chose three men agents to ride in my car, including my broker, (we did this every Tuesday to view houses that had just been listed) that when we were heading to my car, I turned around and they all had on motorcycle helmets. I asked, why helmets? They responded, we’re riding with you! Well, I know they were kidding even when we returned and one of the men kissed the ground when he got out of my car. Do you think that got me off from having people in my car on tour, no. Also, I’m not that bad. Anyway, I don’t think so. Take a ride with me this summer in my convertible and you’ll see. Well, just ask my Kristin. She was always ready to ride with me last summer. I really hope she is going to ride with me again this summer. We had a ball. Well, I did have a guy to ride with me. Ok, so what if he was only 48 and liked me. I’ve already said I like men younger than me. I told him when he got into my car he should fear for his life. He said, but you promised that you wouldn’t put me out anywhere. I said, yes I did promise you that, but I drive fast and I play my music loud. He was ok with that. He said he was really surprised that I like Blondie. For those of you who have never heard of Blondie, she was a rock singer in the 70’s or 80’s. We had a few dates until he moved back to Kentucky. That was fun, but he was a little too young. I’ve said all of this to say that sometimes we need to let go and have fun. I know I am. DR 3/30/13

No comments:

Post a Comment