Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things I Hate to Do

I closed myself up for the past two days to do my taxes. I don’t know why I hate this project so bad, but I do it every year. I don’t procrastinate about many things, but this one I do big time! I always have to make the appointment with my CPA to ensure that my taxes will be done. I am also a pack rat. I remember a few years ago Charles asked our CPA how long we should keep copies of our taxes. I believe David said about seven years. Then Charles said, so, Diane can start destroying her taxes from 1963? I was so embarrassed. But, we all laughed. We had a big bonfire a few days later. I really hated to see those records go up in flames. I don’t know about you, but another thing I hate to do is go to the doctor, and especially to get blood work. Last week I had to get blood work. I didn’t dread it too much since the lady had no trouble the previous time. Well, this time she did. I have small veins and they roll. She had to get 3 vials of blood. She was able to get one vial out of my left arm and then she started hunting for another vein on my right arm. She took the blood out of a vein at my wrist. I had a large bruise on the left arm. One time it took five people to try to get my blood. I pity the poor vampire, if there are any such people, to try to get my blood! I know there are some other things that I hate to do, but right now all I can think about is that I have to go see my CPA tomorrow. He knows me like a book. He’s been doing our taxes for 30 years. I hope he never retires. I would hate to have to break in a new CPA. DR 3/26/13

No comments:

Post a Comment