Monday, March 4, 2013

Brenda

When my husband was dying from cancer and was on Hospice, I spent many hours on the computer playing a game called Farmtown on Facebook. Brenda Macura was one of my “neighbors” and I let her harvest many of my crops. I was always anxious when she would notify me that she was available. After she harvested my crops, our little avatars would stand out in the field and we would talk. I was able to pour my heart out to her during those long days and Charles would never hear how sad I had become. Brenda became so close to me. We talked about everything and we grew to know each other really well. After Charles died, we still communicated through Facebook and I always knew that someday I would go meet her. Her hometown is in North Carolina. I received the sad news today that Brenda died. Last week she suddenly went unconscious and never came back. She was on life support. I sent her daughter, Angel a note about how sorry I was to hear about Brenda. Angel told me that her mother had told her that when she retired she wanted to go meet Diane. I felt so honored that her mother thought that much of me. It’s funny how you can get close to someone and never have met them or even heard their voice. Now, I will never get to meet her in this life. I know there are no words I can express to Angel right now about losing her mother. I only want her and her brother to know that in time it will get easier. You never forget. The tears you shed right now will get to be more infrequent. You will be able to talk about her without crying and start remembering all of the good times. In two days it will be three years since my mother died. March is already a difficult month for me to go through, but this year it is a lot easier. I know each year for Angel and her brother will get easier, but still painful. I just wish I had been able to meet Brenda. You never know what each day is going to bring. I’m so thankful that Brenda was here for me when I needed a friend, and she took the time to talk to me. I know heaven is a little sweeter now that Brenda is there. DR 3/4/13

No comments:

Post a Comment