Thursday, March 28, 2013

Freedom

Today I was talking to my daughter and she was telling me that she is going to prepare a talk, and she named off three different titles. When she said freedom, I suddenly felt this overwhelming urge to write about my freedom. Have you ever thought about the word “freedom.” What exactly does it mean for you? I guess I’m in a situation that may be different from yours. I don’t answer to anyone. Well, I do have an angry little Yorkie at times if I stay away from home too long. But, she is easy to please. She’s always happy to see me come home and as long as she has food and water, she’s happy. My freedom is that I can go anywhere, do anything, and buy anything I want. I can also not cook or cook some strange concoctions just for me. I’m usually always watching what I eat, so I don’t eat like the normal person. I can also watch tv in bed, keep my glasses on, and fall asleep without anyone waking me up to tell me to turn the tv off or you’d better take those glasses off. I have been known to make midnight runs to WalMart. I can go on trips to anywhere I choose without asking anyone if I can go. Well, my list could go on and on. I guess it sounds like the perfect life, but it isn’t always. I didn’t mention that sometimes it’s a lonely life, but most of the time I don’t even mind that. I’m beginning to get set pretty much in some of my own ways. Freedom, what does that mean to you? DR 3/28/13

No comments:

Post a Comment