Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today

Today seemed to be a day just like all of the other Saturdays. I took Chloe to the groomer. I made a few stops and then I put my top down on my car and headed to the interstate. I wasn’t the only one with my top down. Oh how good the fresh air felt, and the sun felt wonderful. I headed back to pick up Chloe and took her back home. She could see again with all the hair out of her eyes. I then started getting ready to go to the Station House. I’ve never been, so it was exciting for me. On my way home from the Station House, I had the sad news that my friend’s sister-in-law had died. I was also friends with her and her husband. I’ve known her husband since he was 9 years old. He has been a dedicated husband to her. She was diagnosed with brain cancer over 20 years ago. It has been a miracle that she has lived this long. I really feel for the family. It brought back all the memories of three years ago and the things you have to take care of. I don’t wish that on anybody, but this is part of life, and if you don’t die first, then you are the one left to take care of things. Even though you expect this day to come, it is never easy. My mother always told me that time heals all wounds. She didn’t tell me how much it would really hurt and it would hurt for a very long time. You never forget, it just gets easier to cope with. I was in my truck tonight and when I turned on the cd player, the song “Til I Can Make It On My Own” played. Guess, I really like to torture myself. Can we really make it on our own? The only way I have made it is with God’s help. I don’t know what I would have done if I couldn’t depend on Him. Sometimes, I feel like He’s not listening when I tell Him how bad I hurt and how lonely I get. I look around and I see that I am really a very fortunate person. I had a husband who took care of me and tried to prepare me. Well, enough of this sadness tonight. I know that 2013 is going to be a wonderful year, and great things are going to happen—not only for me but for you also. Just put all of your trust in God’s hands. Sometimes you will feel like things are not happening as quickly as you want them to, but believe me, they are. DR

No comments:

Post a Comment