Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Christi - May 7, 2013

It seems like only yesterday when I first saw you. I was amazed that God answered my prayer in detail. I had prayed for a brown haired, blued eyed little girl. Of course it was a while before I saw those blue eyes, but you had so much hair! I was so blessed! I had never been around any babies before, so I didn’t know anything! When I say anything, I mean anything! I had already bought a reference book and I had signed up for Tidy Didy diaper service. I was so nervous when I dressed you to come home from the hospital. When I got you home I needed to change your diaper. I thought oh no, I’ve never changed any diapers before. So luckily Tidy Didy had put a “how to” sheet in my first batch of prefolded diapers. This is before Pampers and all of the other kinds of diapers we have today. I laid you down beside the how to sheet, got the prefolded diaper and put it under you and all I had to do was pull the diaper up and pin on both sides. I felt so dumb! But, at the same time I thought how easy was that??? Well, that was the beginning of motherhood for me. You were born on Friday before Mother’s Day that year, and I thought what a wonderful gift I had received that year. You’ve never disappointed me. You were my special gift from God. It was the very first time that I had so believed that God would give me exactly what I had asked for, and this was before sonograms. Yes, God wants to bless us with what we want. You have turned out to be a wonderful, beautiful Christian woman who loves her husband and boys. Yes, God knew what he was doing. I love you Christi. I hope you have many more happy birthdays. DR 5/7/13

No comments:

Post a Comment