Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a busy day. Seems I was on the road all day, first going to Cleveland and then to Ringgold. I decided to go by Hamrick’s on my way home. I parked in a spot that reminded me of one time when I took my mother there. We used to go to Hamrick’s each week. The reason we did was because I would go to my mother’s house when Charles played on his pool team and we would go by Hamrick’s on my way to get gas. Back then the gas was cheaper in Georgia. Anyway, we knew everything in the store. My mother loved, loved Hamrick’s. As I went in today, I thought a lot about her. I remember how I spent more time hunting her than actually shopping. When I would see where she was at I would continue looking around. Sometimes we would never buy anything. Women just love to look. I went back to the shoes and there I saw a woman with her mother. I so wanted to tell the daughter to be thankful for the time she was spending with her mother and that I wish my mother were there with me. As I left the store, two men were sitting in the foyer waiting on their wives. One man said to the other, when I go shopping I know exactly what I want. I go in, I get it, and I leave. I had to chuckle to myself. Men just don’t get it. I heard that remark from my husband so many times. Well, Happy Mother’s Day to my mother. Her spirit was definitely with me today. DR 5/10/13

No comments:

Post a Comment