Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nothing in This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again

I heard this song for the first time on the tv series Nashville. I have to admit I cried all the way through it. My heart has been broken so many times… I wish that I could say with confidence that nothing in this world will ever break my heart again, but I’m only human and I give my heart freely to the ones I love. I know there are others around me who feel the same way and we suffer in silence. I’m afraid to really open up and even tell the ones who have broken my heart. My thoughts are that they don’t really care, or maybe they do and they can’t say anything just like me. I could put the walls up around me again and determine that nobody will ever get close to me again, but do I really want to do that? Life gets so complicated. I sometimes wonder when I look at others just what is really going on inside their heads and minds. I wonder if behind their smiles they’re hurting about something just like me. There are things inside of us that nobody will ever know. It’s so hard to share those things with anybody. You wonder what they’ll think about you. So, I only share my deepest feelings and hurts with the only one who understands me—God. He has been with me through many, many hurts. Thank you God for loving me through all of my failures and helping me to get through it. I know that there are still many good days ahead and I need to accept that. DR 5/25/13

No comments:

Post a Comment