Thursday, May 16, 2013

Why????

I’ve gotten all involved in watching a trial on tv. It has been fascinating to say the least. I’m not alone in the fascination of this trial, so are some of my relatives. Today it has been so heartbreaking to hear the brother and sister of the murdered victim speak. I have seen three deaths in the past three years, but they were normal deaths. They were heartbreaking to me, but I just can’t imagine how I would feel if someone close to me were murdered, or rather stabbed 29 times, their throat slashed from ear to ear, and also shot in the head. It was very painful to listen to his brother and sister talk about how his murder had affected their lives and also how it has affected their entire family. A normal death is hard to bear, but this, and to sit in that courtroom for five months with the confessed killer would be more than anyone could stand. The murderer has yet to show any remorse. It is really bad when your own defense attorneys asked to be released from defending you right before the jury comes back with their verdict. Of course, the judge denied their request. I just know that when this trial is over, please, please, somebody take my television away from me if I ever say anything about watching another trial! I’m just glad that this one should be over before I leave for my trip to Europe. I need to think about fun! DR 5/16/13

No comments:

Post a Comment